Skip to main content

A Coversation about our incredibly out-of-control, overreaching Government

Did you hear what Sen. Chuck Schumer wants to do? Introduce legislation that would prevent airlines to charge for carry-on luggage (i.e. Spirit). What?! Where does it say in the Constitution that any branch of government should be interfering in the private airline business?

I was watching Fox & Friends yesterday, and heard Steve Doocy (the cool anchor from Kansas) talking to good ol' Chuck Schumer about this. Apparently Senator Schumer is under the impression that it is a right for us to be able to fly at some randomly determined standard I guess. Sure, I like to fly, and I like to fly for a good price. However, the market should be determining that price, not the government! The companies need to determine what they can afford and what their customers are willing to pay.

Each company can and should choose their own price structure, and then they have to determine if the market will respond accordingly. Really, I just can't believe that the government even for a nanosecond thought this should be their business. Seriously, where will it stop?!

Just this gal's opinion on our nanny-state inducing government

Comments

d.a.r. said…
The same government who wants to tax people for drinking pop. The same government who wants the middle class to shoulder the health care costs for the entire nation. The same government that has required calorie counts to be publicized in restaurants. The same government who has so completely overreached their bounds that they do not have any limits and won't stop until we elect someone new.

It is horrible. This government is suffocating the market and trampling our constitutional rights while purporting to be all about civil rights...at least as they pertain to homosexuals and a woman who wants an abortion.

Whoooaaa...sorry, off my soapbox now.

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...