Skip to main content

Conversation #20: Fall Weddings

So I’m just going to say it.  I sort of don’t love fall or winter weddings.  I NEVER know what to wear.  You need to wear darker, richer colors because of the season, but yet a long sleeved formal dress seams a) weird and b) hard to find.  I know you could do a sleeveless and pair it with a jacket or cardigan.

Right now, I’m leaning towards trying to find a sleeveless jewel tone dress (ruby, deep purple, emerald, or navy) to pair with a dressy cardigan.  I’m really exciting, huh?  However, I haven’t found a ton in my price range.  I mean remember Frugal Fridays?  I’m not a big spender here, and I hate having to buy something I won’t be able to wear that often.

I’m super excited for this wedding.  It is for my husband’s cousin, and I love him and his bride-to-be.  Hubby is in the wedding party so his outfit is pretty easy.  I want to look nice and seasonal, but I need some help.  PLEASE, all of my fashionable readers (which is like all of you), give me some recommendations or ideas on dress ideas!!!!

THANKS!

Comments

d.a.r. said…
Wear a coat outside. Who says you can't have bare arms indoors??! Lots of party/cocktail dresses are strapless and sleeveless for the winter!
Sandra said…
If you need the cardi, then wear it. Otherwise, just look for fall colors as you mentioned and don't worry about the sleeve length!! I've seen many girls use the pashmina with their dresses!! I'm sure you can find one of those for a very reasonable price!! xoxo
Jennifer said…
Definitely agree that you could do a pashmina as well. Those are gorgeous! I have like 6 and I have never paid more than $7-8 for one...with the exception of one that Thomas bought me for Valentine's Day. I would try to see what you can find in the department stores, but really I usually do ebay when I don't want to spend much but still get a nice dress. Ebay is my best friend!!!
Ashleigh said…
Oh I have tons of pashminas you could borrow. And I'm going to NYC at the start of August, so if you want me to buy you one, I could do that too. But know my closet is always open! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...