Skip to main content

Conversation #118: Suede Nails

I'm not sure why, but the other day I decided I really wanted some dark green nail polish.  So I bought the only dark green shade at the grocery store I could find (the makeup selection is usually pretty good, and I'm too lazy to make an extra trip somewhere else for nail polish).  Anyway it is Revlon Matte Suede finish in Emerald City, and I sort of love it.  I had no idea what "matte suede" meant, but without a clear polish on it, it does definitely have a matte finish that I guess is sort of suedesque (I like making up words).  It dries much faster than any other polish I have used, but I can't decide if I want to put a clear coat on top to see what it looks like or not.  It might be too glittery then, but maybe I'll try it in a few days and let you know how I like it.  Until then, I'll try out the matte look.  It is a nice darker green and sort of a fun alternative to a really dark, almost black nail (which I still like too!)

Comments

Tiffany said…
This is a gorgeous color!! That green is perfect for fall and will look nice during the Christmas holidays too!
chelsey said…
Not the exact same polish... but check it out! http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2010/11/go-to-last-minute-holiday-manicure-opi-here-today-aragon-tomorrow-suede.html

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...