Skip to main content

Conversation #188: A Downton must see

ALERT: sort of spoilers if you still haven't watched season 3 Downton finale!!!

We all know Downton Abbey is the hot show these days.  It is funny because I actually consider myself having just been on the brink of it's major popularity explosion.  This doesn't happen often.  We do watch a lot of TV (probably too much) so we find a lot of new shows and share them with our family.  This was one of them, but we were actually informed about this show from another friend first (who also recommends great TV).  He told us about it after the first season ended so we caught it after the fact but before the second season started and we were hooked.  It was so hard to wait each week to watch the new episodes when we had been able to knock out the first season in a couple of days.  Like I said, we were hooked.

Anyway, this season was just so happy and sad all at the same time.  I kept trying to guess what the tragedy would be in the last episode.  Mary also dying in childbirth - nope.  All of the family getting in a train crash on the way home for the birth - nope.  Hoping Thomas' injuries were the worst - nope.  As soon as I saw Matthew in the car, I knew.

So I saw this video on Big Mama's blog and it made me smile so I wanted to share it:


Hopefully it lightens your mood a bit after that finale.  Also, my sis-in-law sent me this funny cartoon:


Comments

Gail said…
I love Downton Abbey and was so disappointed about Matthew in the finale! I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to redeem it in the next season...maybe...he's not really dead and Dr. Clarkson will perform a miracle and old Mrs. Crawley will have to fall in love with him. Ha! I get so wrapped up in TV shows too...obviously!

Hugs,
Gail

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...