Skip to main content

Conversation #76: Weight Watchers Update, two days late and a few dollars short

(Photo from: weightwatchers.com)

One of these days I hope to get back to regularly posting.  Sometimes I let the followers number get to me too much, and that is just sad.  I started blogging for me, but I really did want this blog to be a place for conversation.  However, I don't comment nearly enough anymore and just read a lot of blogs, so I really can't feel bad or complain when I don't do in return what I want here.  Alright, done complaining - wow, that was annoying.

So onto the update: I lost two more pounds last week!  I'm down 6 so far and have 12 to go to reach my goal weight.  I'm trying now to start working out more so that way I am tone and not boney or soft looking.  I think I'm maybe just realizing how high my cholesterol was/is for someone my age especially, and it has freaked me out.  I wasn't overweight to begin with, and that scares me the most.  I guess there are some hereditary factors in there, but that has just made me realize how much I really need to stay on top of this to avoid being on medication or having hear problems later on in life.  Now I'm really glad that I'm doing this, and I'm sort of sick of people questioning me because I'm not obese. 

Weight Watchers isn't just about losing weight.  It is about eating better and living healthier, and I have already reduced my cheese intake by A LOT, which might have been a factor in my higher cholesterol levels.  Pretty much the only cheese I eat these days is a Weight Watchers string cheese for 1 point.

We'll see how the rest of this week goes, but I hope I keep moving in a positive direction.  I don't really feel like I have had to miss out on too much food, and I feel full each day.  I also think the recipes they have are delicious.  So far the hubby and I have both loved them, and he was pretty worried it would all be "girly" food.  It isn't, and he is happy he gets to reap some of the healthy eating by extension.

Anyway, I'm a believer in WW and enjoying feeling better by eating better.

Comments

I'm doing WW too and so far am loving it. I'm not nearly as strict on myself as I should be, but I'm making changes and am down about 7 pounds or so. I really want to lose like 40 pounds so.. Should probably get serious!!
d.a.r. said…
Wow congrats!!! That is great!

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...