Skip to main content

Conversation #170: The unknown

Who has a fear of the unknown?  Raise your hand? You can bet both arms and legs and head and anything else I can raise is waving around in the air like I just don't care (okay, I digress, and I do care - far too much).  Lindsey (who writes a blog I love and have been reading for years now) talked about her fear in a recent post and it really resonated with me.  Click on her name to read the post.

So my biggest fear is of the unknown, and specifically right now, the end of the world.  Oh yeah, you know, no big thing.  I hate this, because as a Believer, I KNOW God is in control and NO ONE knows when Jesus will be returning.  God is not putting thoughts of fear and anxiety in my mind, but satan is.  I am allowing him to rob me of the joy and freedom I have being a new creation in Christ.  I just want him to leave, and I know I need to just turn my heart to Jesus and just meditate on Him and He will banish satan out.  Somedays it feels like a losing battle though;  like all I day I am just saying "Jesus, give me peace," over and over.

I read this book a couple of years ago that talked about end time prophecy and the like; it is actually a great book and I recommend it, and at the time actually gave me some peace about the end times, but also gave me more knowledge of prophecies in Revelation so I feel like I am constantly on edge hearing about issues in the middle east.  Then I try to remind myself that this is not the first time there has been conflict in the middle east, and I had a fairly strong fear about 3 years ago the world was going to end before I got to meet my nephew.  He is 3 and a half now so clearly I was wrong.  I don't think I actually know, I just worry because I don't know.  Does any of this make sense?

You see, I have always worried about this.  I remember being younger and praying, "Lord, just let me learn how to drive first.  Lord, just let me have my first kiss.  Lord, just let me graduate high school.  Lord, just let me get married."  Then the pleading kind of stopped.  Now, my biggest plea, is "Lord, let me get to have a baby first."  Isn't this just silly?  I know Heaven will be better than ALL of that, but my silly fleshly human mind just can't quite be okay with that.  Then I get mad at myself for wanting to wait so long to have a baby, and then I fall back into law/judgement/legalism and convince myself this is my punishment for trying to have a baby on my time.  That isn't how God works, and I need to remember that.  I need to remember "that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night" (1 Thessalonians 5:2) and to "not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:34) 

I just need to remember to focus today.  The now.  In the meantime, I will just fervently pray that all will come to know Christ (and selfishly, my family and friends that don't).

On a completely silly note, I am also worried that we won't finish house projects and get to enjoy them - which is 100% CRAZY, and I will let go of that.  Honestly, I need to remember to take the house one day at a time too.  We did get a washer and dryer (so our clothes won't smell) and a new light fixture up in our bathroom.  Hopefully by Tuesday I will finally get to eat and drink cold foods again too!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...