Skip to main content

Conversation #171: Getting there

So we are just going to assume that y'all know I am not posting much because I pretty much live, eat, sleep, breath house reno right now (sometimes I worry literally, I can't wait until all the dust has settled and is gone!)

Anyway, just wanted to pop in.  I could post some lame phone pics, but I would rather wait to post better camera ones once I find the cord.  So I'll just tease you with what we have going on: kitchen cabinets - gone. New cabinets - in the middle of being stained. Counter tops - pick out today during my lunch break. Master bathroom - 90% done!  Master bedroom - 95% done! 

We actually slept in our bedroom for the first time last night.  It felt so weird being 3 feet off the floor. I sort of worried I might roll out of bed and wished I had a toddler rail last night.  Luckily, no falling out of the bed occurred.

We are working fast and furiously, and this thing called a full-time job just keeps getting in the way :)  Really, though, we are making crazy progress and I think I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  Granted, it is about the size of a mustard seed, but it is there.  Getting our bedroom, closet, and bathroom 100% done will be amazing, and it will be nice to have a retreat from the rest of the house.  "Someday" is getting closer!

What is new in your world?  I really do want to know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...