Skip to main content

Conversation #51: What a site I must have been

To the man in the car next to me anyway, as I tried to sing Christmas carols while drooling on myself.  I continued on my journey today in getting my teeth fixed (longtime readers may remember that I found out I had some issues about a year ago).  I still haven’t gotten any crowns, but I finally got all of the fillings taken care of cause by wonderful habit of clenching my teeth while sleeping.  I have worn off so much enamel.  I really am embarrassed!  But hey, since I have no pride, I will share that I had to get 5 fillings today.  Luckily I’m done, but my face hurts.  My mouth was propped open for an hour and a half, and it is till numb!  Thankfully it is wearing off now.

Anyway, so much has happened since I last wrote!  My husband has found an office space and is preparing to officially open his own practice.  I’m so excited for him, and I can’t wait to see what God has planned for him and us. 

We also ended up getting to go to our trip to the Dominican Republic, and it was AH-MAZING!!!!!!!  Seriously, I have had such bad post-vacation depression.  Normally I’m sad for a couple of days, but we have been back for two weeks and I’m still missing it.  It was such a wonderful, relaxing trip, and we got to see some great friends that live there.  I seriously think everyone should go.  Really, the trip deserves its own post, but I’ll do that in a day or two.

DSC03993

DSC03998

After the trip, my sister and brother-in-law came to visit, and that definitely helped ease the vacation blues.  However, I was just sad again after they left.  At least Thanksgiving was just around the corner!

DSC04191

DSC04208

It was a great Thanksgiving, but like everyone, I know I ate too much.  We watched lots of football and even got to cheer our alma mater onto to victory – they had to the conference championship this weekend!

That is pretty much all that is going on these days.  My job has been a challenge for me lately, but that is probably a post for another day as well.  Maybe some of y’all can give me some advice.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I have still been reading blogs on my phone, but I need to get better at commenting again.  I want to, but I always feel like there is something else I should be doing.  Like right now for instance, I should be painting on this hutch that is sitting in the middle of my kitchen, but it can wait another day.  Well, maybe it could just wait until now!  Talk to you lovely bloggy friends soon :)

Comments

Stori said…
Ah, I can totally sympathize with the vacation blues! Hang in there.
Sandra said…
Hey! Great post. I totally understand the post-vaca depression ;-) Just thing about all the excitement to come with the new office :-) and you can decorate it! xoxo
Jennifer said…
I am getting 3 fillings on Friday and 4 next Friday...I am scared. I was supposed to go last week, but ended up having to reschedule. So, I feel ya on the teeth thing!

I get post-vacation blues too...it usually lasts about a week for me.
d.a.r. said…
Oh gawd, that was me all last summer--getting my teeth filled and protective coverings on them because I grind the enamel right off!! I do not envy you, I am so sorry.

And his own law practice?!?! That is awesome/scary/exciting! What kind of law is he planning on doing?

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!!  Please, give me ideas!!! I’m seri

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is pretty close to j

Conversation #34: Fall Fashion Part 1

I am soooooooooooo ready for Fall.  Isn’t everyone?  I have actually been picking up a few Fall pieces over the last few weeks that I have found on sale already, and I’ll be sharing my frugal finds soon. I have also been drooling over new arrivals from some of my favorite stores so I’m going to share a few over the next few days.  Today, I’m sharing my favorite picks from Lands End Canvas and Lands End . I have actually already bough the dress in the lower left!  I was trying to hold out until it went on sale, but it was already selling out in my preferred color and size so I’m hoping it isn’t too big.  I just know I will get a ton of wear out of it.  Doesn’t it just look cozy?  I ordered it in gray.     I love a classic trench, and wingtips are all around!  I have a red trench that I love, but it fits a little weird so I might replace it.  Also, I already shared my version of wingtips I'll be sporting this season, but I think these are a grea