Skip to main content

Conversation #185: 7 Quick Takes

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 204)

I am enjoying the 7 Quick Takes on Fridays.  It seems to be an easy way to motivate me to blog in the midst of my crazy busy life.  We are really blowing and going on the house right now, so things should be slowing down soon.

Check out all of the other contributors over at Jennifer's blog.

1. Today Jennifer talks about the March for Life and abortion.  I read an article she wrote, and I have to say that I agree with her final conclusion on why anyone supports abortion.  I have to say that it is something I just don't get.  I haven't even had the blessing of a little baby in my life yet, but seeing my niece and nephews grow is enough.  Really even watching my friends' children is enough to be pro-life.  Really, Christ is what makes me pro-life.  I had a friend that gave birth to her first little girl at 25 weeks - she was really early and so little (and is now a thriving toddler), but I remember seeing her in the NICU and just wondering how anyone could see a little baby like that and deny God and support abortion.  

Anyway, Jennifer explains her journey from pro-choice to pro-life, and I think her conclusion is spot on.  We have devalued human life in our culture - I don't know why, but unless that changes, abortions will continue.  Check out the article she wrote here.

I am not Catholic - non denominational, just FYI.  I don't know if that matters.

2.  Tomorrow is my 28th birthday.  I am not afraid of being 28, I sort of like getting older these days, but it does sound weird for some reason.  I can say that I do feel like I starting noticing things that hurt more or don't bounce back as well, and that scares me.  The act of getting older (the number) doesn't scare me.  I am mostly just afraid of aging in the fact that I know someday I won't be able to physically do what my mind can and wants to do, and that worries me.  Does that make sense?

3.  Along with my birthday, my parents are coming to visit and I always love seeing them!  It will be great!

4. I meant to take a picture of our new kitchen back splash to share before and afters, but I keep forgetting.  We did finally get a new camera though with a wide angle lens so I should be able to take better interior pictures of our older house.  It is so hard to gain perspective with my little point & shoot.

5. I hate caulk.  Well I like the purpose of caulk, but I hate applying it.  It is messy and leaves my fingers sticky.  However, I like that it waterproofs and protects from yucky things like mold so I guess that is good.

6. I am running out of things to share.  That is weird for me.  Must be the multiple nights of staying up too late working on the house.

7. See number 6 - have an awesome weekend.  I can't wait to enjoy our mild weather.  January in Texas is always a mild tease and then February gets super cold again.  That's okay - I will take 60 degree weather on my bday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is pretty close to j

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!!  Please, give me ideas!!! I’m seri

Conversation #34: Fall Fashion Part 1

I am soooooooooooo ready for Fall.  Isn’t everyone?  I have actually been picking up a few Fall pieces over the last few weeks that I have found on sale already, and I’ll be sharing my frugal finds soon. I have also been drooling over new arrivals from some of my favorite stores so I’m going to share a few over the next few days.  Today, I’m sharing my favorite picks from Lands End Canvas and Lands End . I have actually already bough the dress in the lower left!  I was trying to hold out until it went on sale, but it was already selling out in my preferred color and size so I’m hoping it isn’t too big.  I just know I will get a ton of wear out of it.  Doesn’t it just look cozy?  I ordered it in gray.     I love a classic trench, and wingtips are all around!  I have a red trench that I love, but it fits a little weird so I might replace it.  Also, I already shared my version of wingtips I'll be sporting this season, but I think these are a grea