Skip to main content

Conversation #30: Where has the time gone?

Is it just me, or is August flying by?  I seriously don’t know where the first half went.  It is funny because now that Hunky Law Student is Hunky Law Graduate (almost to be lawyer in a few months after those pesky bar results come in), I find myself much busier.  I guess I got used to “single” life there for a bit.

Well, to celebrate being done with this huge milestone, we decided to take a trip to the Dominican Republic.  I am so freaking excited!!!!  We haven’t been on trip since our honeymoon 5 years ago that wasn’t to visit family.  Technically, this trip we are going to be seeing some friends we have that live there, but since we’ll be staying here:

punta cana princess

I’m okay with taking a trip to visit more people!  It will be so great to see our friends, and I think it will be fun to have another couple to hang out with at the resort.  Our friends got married back in March in the Dominican, and we had to miss it so we wanted to find a time to go out and visit and celebrate with them.  We will still have a couple of alone days too so I think it will be perfect.   

So I’m sort of sad to admit this, but I am crossing something off my bucket list: getting a passport and using it!  I have only been out of the country once, and it was to Tijuana, Mexico for the day.  It was an interesting experience, but you didn’t need a passport 13 years ago so it is a bit different.  Plus, the hubby has never been out of the Country either (we did both go to Hawaii together to visit his Dad which is a bit different traveling out of the contiguous 48 states, but still no passport).

Today we went to apply for our passports, and I was literally so excited I couldn’t write very legibly.  Our trip isn’t until November so I kind of hope the days keep flying by.  Weird side note, I think we were the only Americans in the passport office?  I don’t know why that struck me as odd, but really, I have no experience to base it on anyway.

Just a couple of more pictures for me to dream about until November!

punta cana pool

punta cana beach beds

What?!  I can lay on a bed on a beach and read a book all day – heaven!

(All pictures from here.)

Comments

Freck said…
August is TOTALLY flying by. Can you believe it's already the 18th?! Hooray for getting a passport! It's about time my dear, this item will become so valuable!! I don't know how many times I've used mine, not only for traveling, but for proof of identity. Keep that sucker close to you, too and don't lose it :)
Ashleigh said…
Yea for going out of the country!! Totally worth it!
And ditto Freck.

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #114: Wardrobe Checklist (and retail detox update)

I read something a while back that sort of spurred me into thinking I needed to do this whole retail detox thing.  I'm just going to get it out there - it has been way hard for me and I'm super embarrassed and disappointed by that.  I did well for the first two weeks, and then I got into this buying and returning things habit because I felt bad after buying it.  I told myself that I could still buy things, but only with extra money I earned from ebay.  That worked for a while too, but then I caved to the Lands' End Canvas sale last weekend.  I bought three tees, a skirt, and a cardigan.  I think that all but maybe one tee will be going back and hopefully I can stop this extra shopping. 

Okay, back to the "thing" I read...

It was an article in Real Simple magazine targeted at helping you never buy the wrong thing again.  It has great tips in it, and the wardrobe checklist it includes really brought it all back home to me.  I started going through the checklist an…

The Post Office Blonde Moment

(Photo from: http://www.nauvoonews.com/nauvoo_photos.htm)

So I found a new satchel purse that I'm very excited about.  I got a better deal on this one than the other, and it is from one of my favorite purse companies, The Sak.  Here is a picture of it:
I decided that I needed to return a purse I bought from them a couple of weeks ago though to feel good about this purchase.  I bought it thinking I would love it, but I just couldn't make the shape fit for me.  I let it sit for a week or so, but it wasn't happening.  I was just going to keep it because the thought of returning it sounded like a hassle until this bag was revealed on their website, and it was waaaaay marked down for a week!  I decided I would just send the other one back, and so began the post office debacle.

I lost a little faith in the USPS this week - at least the local one near me.  I went on Monday night to pick up a priority mail box, and they were all out.  Plus, there were like 20+ people in line.  I de…

Conversation #203: So I married my mom

I don't know if people say this to men, but I heard a lot while growing up that girls tend to marry someone like their dad (I guess good, bad, or ugly).  I don't know how true that really is, but relatively early on in our marriage, my husband and I realized I married my mom.

This doesn't mean my husband is feminine or my mother masculine, but to say that they seem to be the same person.  I am definitely more like my dad personality wise so it probably make sense that I married someone more like my mom.  Now I will say my mom, being an actual woman, generally makes her a bit more empathetic and understanding to the eccentricities of being a woman.  I don't think any man, my husband or otherwise, will ever be able to understand the intricacies of being a woman. However, I also feel like he can talk to my mom, and being that they have both lived with me and seem to speak the same language,  can benefit from her wisdom and knowledge of co-habitating with me and enlighten …