I guess this is the obligatory resolution post, but I actually wanted to do it. I woke up feeling great for the first time in weeks. I have been battling allergies and headaches lately, and finally I woke up feeling rested and ready for the day. I take that as a blessing and gift from God. I prayed that I would get a good night sleep, and He provided!
I will do a Christmas recap soon once I get some pics downloaded and some from my sis. It was a much needed break from work, and I just can’t ever get enough time with family and old friends. Okay, onto the LIST.
1. Quiet time with God – I struggle with this always, but I really want to grow in my faith this year. I’m looking forward to starting a new women’s bible study, and I also hope to read So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore.
2. Health – I started making good changes last year, but I really want to hit it home this year. I have always had good goals to work for (trips, weddings, etc), but now I want to keep on the healthy track without a set goal other than to feel better and healthier. I have struggled with headaches, neck tension and pains, and stomach stuff lately. I really feel that if I get back to eating better now that the holidays are over and exercise that I will feel a million times better.
3. Relationships – I found out some things about myself this year during different times of reflection. I’m critical, selfish, and proud (to name a few). I really want to give of myself more, especially to family and friends. I want to put others first, especially my husband. I want to quit being critical of others because I’m insecure in myself. I want to be humble and realize I’m not always right. I want to invest in relationships and be more proactive in building them.
4. Hobbies – I think I’m lazy these days. I have so many fun projects waiting on me, but I tend to watch too much TV and give into the tiredness every night. I want to watch less, read more, and start tackling new sewing challenges without worrying about failing.
5. Organized – I love being organized, but I have a problem putting things away after I set up the organization. I want to start de-piling my house so that things are neat. I know it won’t always look like the cover of Better Homes & Gardens, but I can at least have it picked up.
These are the goals for this year. I know some of these things may need to change once kids come into the picture, but I think that will still be a couple of years away so for now I want to work on where I am. I hope y’all are looking forward to the new year and I pray that it be a great one for everyone.