Skip to main content

It’s a GOLDEN day!

Today has finally arrived – my golden birthday!  I turn 26 on the 26th, and sadly I have been excited for this for quite some time.  I still love birthdays even though I’m now closer to 30 than 20.

Sometimes it seems kind of weird to be getting older because I’m not sure I actually feel older, but I have seen my self continue to grow and mature.  Frankly, I like that because it means I’m getting better at life (I hope anyway!)

I had a wonderful weekend with my parents this past weekend, and my husband has already been so amazing.  We are going out for a simple dinner tomorrow because I didn’t want to miss Bible study tonight. 

Some highlights from this last year:

An awesome trip to Barrett-Jackson with my hubby (technically it was for my last birthday)

Seeing the hubby graduate law school

Getting connected to a great church home and growing more in my faith (more on that to come)

Getting my first passport and going to the Dominican Republic

Celebrating Christmas with my wonderful family

Going on a “safari” with my parents and hubby last weekend (I’ll post about that too)

It has been quite a year, and I look forward to the next one.  It should be a full one as I prepare to take my PE exam, watch my husband’s practice grow, and prepare to start thinking about children (well that last one will probably happen after the 27th birthday).

For your viewing pleasure, some pictures from the past:

hpqscan001j hpqscan0037 hpqscan0043 hpqscan0045

DSC02755

DSC01883

DSC03118

DSC03901

So there is kind of gap between first grade and college, but I don’t have a scanner and digital cameras didn’t exist back then!  My sis scanned the baby pictures for a project a while ago.

Anyway, if any of you readers are celebrating a birthday today, Happy Birthday to you too!

Comments

Susan said…
Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a spectacular year!
d.a.r. said…
Happy happy birthday!!
I'm a day late, but hope you had the greatest birthday!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...