Skip to main content

On the way...

...to hopefully a headache free life.  I have suffered from migraines for a large portion of my life now, and I finally realized I had to do something about it.  I was having to take 3 ibuprofen and go to sleep to get rid of them, and even that didn't always work.  Things sort of came to a head when I had to miss my own birthday dinner with the hubby because I was in bed suffering.  I'm not even sure if I can explain what it is like if you don't get them.

Sometimes I think my hubby has a hard time understanding how painful and debilitating they can be.  He doesn't get migraines and his pain tolerance is something to be admired (I wish he could have a baby).  Actually, I have fought through many, too, because I if I stopped every time I got one, I would be in bed half of the time.  I started keeping a log of my headaches over the last couple of weeks and realized I was getting one every other day so I called my doctor. 

I just love my doc - she is great and spends as much time with you as you need.  We ruled out anything serious causing them since I have been getting them for at least 14 years (i.e. a tumor or something of that sort - my mind used to go there a lot until I realized it probably would have killed me by now.)  This will sound really sad and weird, but I usually fear going to the doctor because I'm afraid they will find something bad, and in my weird mind I think I would rather live not knowing.  Crazy, huh?  Anyway, she has started me on a preventive med  that will take a couple of weeks to kick in, but I'm hopeful that after that, my days of headaches are gone!  If this tells you how bad they are, I would rather not be leaving work early to go home and tend to a headache, and I don't even like work that much.

Here's hoping...

Yep, that's the most exciting thing I have to share right now.  Actually, I have some projects I'm working on around the house, and I can't wait to share them.  However, they aren't quite done yet!

Comments

Preppy 101 said…
I don't get them, but know many people who do, and they certainly do suffer. Hoping this new plan of action works!! xoxo
Stori said…
I get migraines, but I have learned a few tips to keep them at bay:

- Regular (activator method) chiropractic adjustments
- Magnesium supplements
- Getting enough sleep
- Stopping whatever I am doing the minute I feel one coming on and resting! If I ignore them they get so bad... I am sure you know what I am talking about. Like someone stabbing me in the back of the eye with a poker and then I throw up on top of it!

I am sorry and I really hope that this works for you! Everyone has to find a method of pain control that works for them. Please keep us updated on your progress.
Lindsey said…
Oh my goodness, you poor thing! I really hope this new plan of action works friend!!

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #114: Wardrobe Checklist (and retail detox update)

I read something a while back that sort of spurred me into thinking I needed to do this whole retail detox thing.  I'm just going to get it out there - it has been way hard for me and I'm super embarrassed and disappointed by that.  I did well for the first two weeks, and then I got into this buying and returning things habit because I felt bad after buying it.  I told myself that I could still buy things, but only with extra money I earned from ebay.  That worked for a while too, but then I caved to the Lands' End Canvas sale last weekend.  I bought three tees, a skirt, and a cardigan.  I think that all but maybe one tee will be going back and hopefully I can stop this extra shopping. 

Okay, back to the "thing" I read...

It was an article in Real Simple magazine targeted at helping you never buy the wrong thing again.  It has great tips in it, and the wardrobe checklist it includes really brought it all back home to me.  I started going through the checklist an…

Conversation #204: My Jesus...

Oh Facebook and social media of all kinds...we have a love hate/relationship.  Lately, these days, I feel it is more hate only because I allow myself to be depressed by things I see.  I recently told someone the other day that I had lost faith in humanity, and then it hit me, that is exactly where I should be.  We are a fallen people in a fallen world, and I should have NO faith in humanity.  Why did that take me 30 years to figure out?

So there has been a lot of political/social stuff swirling around, and division among Christians, and I hate it.  Like I said, I have no faith in humanity and realizing that was a good reminder it should ALL be in the Lord.  Even though there are definitely things going on in this world that reject the truth of the Gospel, Jesus, the thing that scares me the most these days is the phrase I alluded to in the title: "my Jesus wouldn't believe this" or "I can't follow a God that would say that" or "I just don't believe…

Conversation #205: About Me

Hello!

I have no idea how often I will escape to this place, but since I recently added this ol' blog address to my Instagram Profile, I thought maybe I should dust her off and welcome any new readers.

I have so many thoughts rolling around in my head CONSTANTLY that maybe this would be a good spot again to release them, and keep me from online shopping too much during my lunch break ;)  I hear a faint AMEN from my husband.

Anyway, the title of my blog may lead people to make snap judgments about me or my beliefs, which is unfortunate, but also the society we live in at the moment.  First, it created a sort of catchy blog name, and I liked it.  And, yes, I am a conservative, but that label has sooooo many different meanings depending on what media outlet you last listened to so I thought maybe I would use this post to re-introduce myself to old friends and share a bit about how I have grown in the last few years.

I am Christian, Jesus Follower, Believer, Daughter of the King - w…