Skip to main content

Conversation #73: It's already April?

That is seriously how I feel.  Where did March go?  Oh, I remember.  It started out with the plumbing leak from you know where, then a weekend full of getting the yard in shape (which it needs again, by the way) and then two busy but very fun weekends of entertaining.  Oh, and it didn't stop there.  I went to our church's women's retreat this last weekend, but I think I might be able to finally sleep in this weekend.  Unless I decided to brave a local church's garage sale (I found a couple of fun items last time).  Really, I'm on the hunt for an old dresser that I can fix up and put in our guest room to replace some older furniture.  I'm not sure if I feel up to that project right now to tell you the truth. 

Okay, so what all has happened in the last few weeks?  Well, my adorable nephew turned two!  I'll have to find some pictures.  He is such a little boy these days and it makes me sad to be missing him growing up.  Then we got to spend time with some friends that were in town.  We had a busy house, but it was nice to have it full of people we love. 

Then there was the church retreat.  It was awesome.  I feel like God has really been working in me and if I can just get out of my own way, I feel like I'm on the edge really getting to know Him.  That may sound weird, but I have thought about it a lot lately.  I want to share about it, but I feel like I don't even know where to start.  Hopefully soon the words will come to me.  God is good - I do know that!

I also started Weight Watchers Online through my job.  Our wellness coordinator got us a discount so I figured why not.  Do I NEED to lose weight?  No.  I'm in the acceptable range for my body, but I don't feel good.  I also know I don't eat healthy and well-balanced meals so it has been really good for me.  I have only been doing it for about a week and a half, but I feel like I have already learned so much.  I also lost 2 pounds so that isn't too shabby either.  I don't want to be skinny fat because that is just as unhealthy as being overweight.  My family has a lot of heart disease in it so I figure it is best to start now, especially since my cholesterol is already a little higher than desirable for my age.  I feel empowered and I like it.

Today, though, I'm battling allergies.  I think the wind and being outside all weekend sent me over the edge.  It is always a cycle with me when allergies get me.  It is so weird.  It starts out as a sore throat for a couple of days, then it moves into congestion and coughing and sneezing and sleepy eyes.  Finally, when the allergens subside a bit and my body gets back on top of things, I feel better. 

So this was a boring post, but hopefully April will afford me more time than March to share on here.  I also want to share some pictures with you over the last few weeks.  I haven't bought too many new things lately, but I have enjoyed a few new items that I scored online for pretty good deals.  There is also a local seasonal consignment sale coming up that I can't wait for.  I sold items in it last year, but I decided to sit this one out.  I have a lot of items to give away, and I decided I didn't have the energy or time to get it together this go round.  Maybe next time, but I'll share if I find anything good!  Let me know how your spring has started off, too!

Comments

Preppy 101 said…
You have been so busy, but in a good way! Have a restful weekend! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #114: Wardrobe Checklist (and retail detox update)

I read something a while back that sort of spurred me into thinking I needed to do this whole retail detox thing.  I'm just going to get it out there - it has been way hard for me and I'm super embarrassed and disappointed by that.  I did well for the first two weeks, and then I got into this buying and returning things habit because I felt bad after buying it.  I told myself that I could still buy things, but only with extra money I earned from ebay.  That worked for a while too, but then I caved to the Lands' End Canvas sale last weekend.  I bought three tees, a skirt, and a cardigan.  I think that all but maybe one tee will be going back and hopefully I can stop this extra shopping. 

Okay, back to the "thing" I read...

It was an article in Real Simple magazine targeted at helping you never buy the wrong thing again.  It has great tips in it, and the wardrobe checklist it includes really brought it all back home to me.  I started going through the checklist an…

Conversation #204: My Jesus...

Oh Facebook and social media of all kinds...we have a love hate/relationship.  Lately, these days, I feel it is more hate only because I allow myself to be depressed by things I see.  I recently told someone the other day that I had lost faith in humanity, and then it hit me, that is exactly where I should be.  We are a fallen people in a fallen world, and I should have NO faith in humanity.  Why did that take me 30 years to figure out?

So there has been a lot of political/social stuff swirling around, and division among Christians, and I hate it.  Like I said, I have no faith in humanity and realizing that was a good reminder it should ALL be in the Lord.  Even though there are definitely things going on in this world that reject the truth of the Gospel, Jesus, the thing that scares me the most these days is the phrase I alluded to in the title: "my Jesus wouldn't believe this" or "I can't follow a God that would say that" or "I just don't believe…

Conversation #203: So I married my mom

I don't know if people say this to men, but I heard a lot while growing up that girls tend to marry someone like their dad (I guess good, bad, or ugly).  I don't know how true that really is, but relatively early on in our marriage, my husband and I realized I married my mom.

This doesn't mean my husband is feminine or my mother masculine, but to say that they seem to be the same person.  I am definitely more like my dad personality wise so it probably make sense that I married someone more like my mom.  Now I will say my mom, being an actual woman, generally makes her a bit more empathetic and understanding to the eccentricities of being a woman.  I don't think any man, my husband or otherwise, will ever be able to understand the intricacies of being a woman. However, I also feel like he can talk to my mom, and being that they have both lived with me and seem to speak the same language,  can benefit from her wisdom and knowledge of co-habitating with me and enlighten …