Skip to main content

Conversation #82: A really really reallly late update


Late updates seem to be the norm with me lately.  I actually have a lot of things I want to blog about, and some posts even started, but I just can't seem to find time to sit down and do it very often.  All in good time, I guess. 

I do have one excuse, though.  Last week, my wonderful parents came down so we could go on vacation in the beautiful hill country of Texas.  You should really visit if you haven't been there.  I don't think most people realize how many different landscapes there are in Texas, and the hill country is one of my favorites!  Pictures to come - I took a lot, especially of the deer.

So that is the main reason I didn't do a WW updated last week.  It would have been a good report: lost another pound to make my total loss 10 pounds.  Then we went on vactaion an my husband wanted to visit every bakery in every small town in the area.  See, I had been doing well because I was keeping myself out of temptation zones as much as possible, but put this girl in front of a bakery counter filled with yummy homemade goodness, and you can count me gone!  Luckily I gained 2 pounds but then lost one before official weigh in on Sunday so I ended up gaining 1 pound.

I thought I would be super motivated this week to get back on track, but that time of the month hit so I haven't been feeling like exercising as much and I have been more tempted with eating.  However, thankfully I haven't run over my points yet so I really hope I at least lose one pound this week.  We'll see on Sunday morning!  Don't worry, I'm not obssessing.  I just really want to hit my goal before I lose WW online so I can move into maintenance mode and know how to eat from here on out to stay in shape and healthy.

I went to Star*bucks a couple of weeks ago with a friend, and I wasn't armed with a drink order that was WW friendly.  It was okay and ended up being a treat for the week.  However, when I knew I would be going again this week, I really wanted to know something yummy I could get without using a ton of points.  I got on WW and looked up said coffee place and found that I could get a grande iced skinny cinnamon dolce latte for only 2 points!  I love iced coffee and it sounded good, but I was worried that I would forget the name.  So I did this:
Yep.  I wrote it on a sticky note and put it on the card so I wouldn't forget what I wanted to order.  I really liked it so maybe as I order it more, it will become second nature to say it.  Honestly, I'm not really a lover of Star*bucks.  When I was growing up, my hometown for many years was not large enough to have a Star*bucks, and I frequented local coffee shops instead.  I LOVED them!  I even went to one so often and always ordered an Irish Cream Cappucino, that I was regular who got asked if they wanted the usual.  That was heaven to me :)

Now that I live in a large city, I haven't searched out any local places because honestly, I'm too cheap to pay for coffee very often (especially at Star*bucks - sorry, I think is overpriced).  However, I do love their white chocolate mochas (the bad for me drink) and many of their other "mixed drinks."  I don't really like their straight coffee as much, but I don't think they are evil or anything.  I enjoy their pastries and special drinks.  Plus, it is a nice place to be able to meet with friends and chat for as long as you like without having to purchase a meal and pay for tip.  Yes, I'm that cheap.  Until my student loans are paid off, I will be that cheap.  Let's face it, my husband and I will probably always be cheap.

In fact, we started going to Star*bucks at all when my husband was given old gift cards from his job.  When they cleaned out a person's office who left, they found a whole bunch of cards and nobody else wanted them.  I loaded them onto the SB website, and we had about $20 to spend.  It is nice to have a on trips (especially in airports) and we always seem to get one from some random place to keep the card loaded.  I actually did put a little more on the card recently because I didn't want to lose my status for getting free drinks and all.  I always love the free stuff!

Okay, that is all for today, but maybe I'll suprise y'all with some weekend posts!  Hope everyone is doing well in the blog world for today.

Comments

Gail said…
Hey Jessica, it's Gail! :) I liked your post! Great job for losing 10 lbs....I didn't think you needed to lose any weight at all, but I know us girls are our own worst critics. :( I don't have enough self discipline to diet, but I admire people who do and see results. Thats awesome! I think Starbucks is overpriced too so I only go there as a treat. I'm cheap too! Thankfully I'm not a huge coffee drinker...so it's not an issue.
Gail said…
P.S. Just left you a response in the comment section of my blog about hydrangeas. Let me know if that helps! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!!  Please, give me ideas!!! I’m seri

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is pretty close to j

Conversation #205: About Me

Hello! I have no idea how often I will escape to this place, but since I recently added this ol' blog address to my Instagram Profile, I thought maybe I should dust her off and welcome any new readers. I have so many thoughts rolling around in my head CONSTANTLY that maybe this would be a good spot again to release them, and keep me from online shopping too much during my lunch break ;)  I hear a faint AMEN from my husband. Anyway, the title of my blog may lead people to make snap judgments about me or my beliefs, which is unfortunate, but also the society we live in at the moment.  First, it created a sort of catchy blog name, and I liked it.  And, yes, I am a conservative, but that label has sooooo many different meanings depending on what media outlet you last listened to so I thought maybe I would use this post to re-introduce myself to old friends and share a bit about how I have grown in the last few years. I am Christian, Jesus Follower, Believer, Daughter of the K