Skip to main content

Conversation #89: I think I might fall asleep typing this...zzzzzzzzz

Ok, not really.  I am pooped though!  The hubby and I took a trip north to our hometown to visit some dear friends and family.  It was a whirlwind weekend.  I never sleep great on trips (it is super frustrating), but we just had late nights and lots of driving.  I was way too tired to get up and exercise today.  I decided I could give myself a break for one day.

I hate the monthly visitor, Aunt Flo (have any of you ever called it that).  I don't remember where I first heard that, but I never used it much.  Well, for some reason this week I said it to the hubby and he loves calling it that now.  What a nerd, but I love him!  Anyway, since I started Weight Watchers, the week Aunt Flo has been here has always been a struggle and I tend to lose nothing.  I'm not sure if it is water retention or just hormones, but then weighing makes me extra depressed (and I know that is the hormones).  Anyhow, I didn't lose any this week.  I thought I might.  I ate well, exercised a lot, and felt good.  I also wonder if I'm finally starting to build muscle mass so that might be making the number stay level too.  That is a big reason why I try to not get too caught up on the number, and I still feel great and can feel the toning of my muscles.

I think I just felt like a failure because my online subscription is up a week from tomorrow, and to reach my goal, I would have to lose 4 pounds this week (which isn't really recommended).  However, like I told my husband, I have only been at this for 3 months.  I'm still changing years of how I have eaten and thought about food so it might take a bit longer to really be great at this, and that's okay.  I don't plan to renew my subscription at this point, but I did buy some tools from them to use afterwards.  If I find that I need the extra support, then I will get a sub again.

Just for fun - a couple of very similar looking outfits!

Top: Tinley Road, Piperlime ($21, shipped)
Pants: Lands' End ($15, shipped)
Sandals: Lands' End Canvas ($15, shipped)
Necklace: New York & Co (a while ago)
Watch: Zodiac (gift from a friend, watchband smells like Vanilla)

Cardigan: Gap Outlet, $15
Shirt: Tinley Road, Piperlime, $15 shipped
Pants: Lands' End Canvas, $14 shipped
Shoes: American Eagle Outfitters, $15 shipped
Watch: Citizen Eco Drive, Christmas gift from Hubby

Also, you may notice that my hair is OOC!  I'm trying to grow it out a bit for an upcoming wedding in August, but I look like a wild animal.  I love my curly hair, and I have embraced it, but the humidity is not my friend.  I miss the dry winter during these months - I had weeks of good hair days!  My curly hair friends, any products you love?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is pretty close to j

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!!  Please, give me ideas!!! I’m seri

Conversation #34: Fall Fashion Part 1

I am soooooooooooo ready for Fall.  Isn’t everyone?  I have actually been picking up a few Fall pieces over the last few weeks that I have found on sale already, and I’ll be sharing my frugal finds soon. I have also been drooling over new arrivals from some of my favorite stores so I’m going to share a few over the next few days.  Today, I’m sharing my favorite picks from Lands End Canvas and Lands End . I have actually already bough the dress in the lower left!  I was trying to hold out until it went on sale, but it was already selling out in my preferred color and size so I’m hoping it isn’t too big.  I just know I will get a ton of wear out of it.  Doesn’t it just look cozy?  I ordered it in gray.     I love a classic trench, and wingtips are all around!  I have a red trench that I love, but it fits a little weird so I might replace it.  Also, I already shared my version of wingtips I'll be sporting this season, but I think these are a grea