Skip to main content

Conversation #132: I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

Do y'all remember that song?  If I was really cool I would import the music video for you, but alas, I am too lazy today.  I keep getting better and then trying to get sick again.  I think all of this crazy weather down south has been playing with my health.

Anyway, I digress. The whole two simultaneous fashion challenges lasted 1 day, haha!  Oh well.  I opted to just go with the 10 day challenge over at Kayla’s blog today.  This challenge was monochromatic.  I have no idea why, but I really wanted to wear my navy ankle pants and navy ballet flats (since the weather was still somewhat mild today) so that pretty much set up blue as my color scheme.  As I was walking out the door I really wanted to add a blue sweater over top, but I was too lazy to go back and add one.  No biggie – I still like this outfit.
Outfit breakdown:
Checked top, Gap, $4
Long sleeve navy tee, Lands' End, $3 (I needed this to keep warm)
Navy pants, Gap, $12
Navy suede ballet flats, Lands' End Canvas, $16
Necklace, Target, $4

Now I just have to decide what to wear tomorrow – the challenge is “try a trend.”  Any suggestions?

Don't forget to check out the other great monochromatic outfits over at Kayla's blog here.

Comments

Kayla Moncur said…
You look absolutely darling in this! Your hair is too gorgeous for words and those pants make you look like you have legs for miles. Love it!

Kayla
Freckles in April
This outfit is adorable! You look so classic and cute!
Andi said…
Too funny! I used that song as my title in a post last week! I also have that shirt, and almost wore it today. I like how you styled it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...