I am back with 7 Quick Takes again this week - I kind of enjoyed last Friday. Check out Jen's and the others here.
1. I have to share this - if you have a heart, I warn you, it might make you cry! This was a story I saw when reading my daily Cultural Commentary post - check out the full story here. Basically, this young boy has cerebral palsy and is on his school's wrestling team. He finally got his chance to wrestle a very kind-hearted young man and this is the video, but seriously ready the story because I think it will encourage you!
2. So I sang the song this week "Reunited and it feels so good"...to my skillet. Yep, I have been attempting to "cook" in our kitchen with only a stockpot for about the last 4 weeks or so. I hadn't been able to locate the rest of our cookware, but I finally did this week and made stir-fry for real. It was awesome!
3. I am tired of getting headaches everyday. Trying to get pregnant means I need to go off some of my migraine meds - the good news, now I know they were working. The bad news: now they can't work. I will survive, but getting more sleep would probably help too.
4. I love Christmas specials. Blake Shelton's was pretty hilarious and I love Reba McIntyre. Although the part where they shot a bunch of the claymation characters was so wrong, it was also so funny. I can't wait for Michael Buble's this Monday - although I have to say I like him singing better than trying to be funny, but I will still be watching!
5. I still have no Christmas decorations up, but hopefully I will rectify that this weekend. I am reading a Christmas Carol though so that helps. Is it weird though that I picture the Disney characters when reading the real book? Probably. Oh well.
6. I miss The Sing Off. If you have never watched, you need to. However, I don't know when it is coming back. It used to be a Christmas season show so I miss it right now, but I think it might come back after the first of the year. Anyway, keep an ear out for it (haha) because they are always seriously talented.
7. Speaking of singing shows, the hubby and I kind of love The Voice. Like all shows, some aspects annoy us, but overall the talent is AMAZING! I will almost be happy if anyone wins because I love them all, but there are a couple I do love slightly more. Anyway, basically each week I feel like I just watched a really awesome concert - the show last week was the best. Check it out too.
Okay, that is all I have for today. Also, don't forget to go check out my 7th post ever over at Misty's awesome blog. I will warn you, it is a bit political, but it sort of makes me laugh now what I was upset about that day. It is so much worse in my opinion now, but it is what it is. Overall, God is in control and bigger than any president, ruler, king, politician, etc. I get to rest in that peace today and always! Sure, some days get me down and I want to shake a million people and say, "what are you thinking?" when it comes to politics and the future of the Country. However, my constant is the Lord and I am so glad I get to celebrate Him this season and always! Merry Christmas!!!
Money Saving DIY Tips
17 hours ago