Skip to main content

Conversation #141: Yes, I am putting off studying right now

However, I have done pretty good so far with the studying (I hope anyway) so I decided I didn't want to go for forever without posting anything.  Plus, Murphy's Law, I had been feeling uninspired with blogging topics and once I don't really have time I realized that I had a lot I wanted to share.  My blog (old and new) have gone through many transformations, and the latest was blogging about what I wear.  I have no idea why.  I started randomly reading fashion blogs and got inspired and it seemed fun.  However, I don't have the time or camera or style to really be a fashion blogger  (or the money, except that there is a great group of gals who share their thrifty finds which is awesome!)  So I'll probably still post outfits sometimes just because it is fun for me and helps me stretch my current wardrobe because one thing I have learned is that I don't need any more clothes or anything.  I know I will still probably buy some items, but I am trying to be much more responsible and aware of what I spend my fun money on this year.  I'll keep y'all posted on this journey.  My plan is to really get back into sewing and stretch my skills.  I have a bad habit of not doing something if I think I won't be perfect at it, and that is just silly because how will I get better if I don't try?!

I have also been on a really great spiritual journey, and I plan to start sharing about that tomorrow.  God has been revealing so much to me, and I am just so excited about it.

Okay, only because I actually really like my outfit today, I am going to share it.  Like I said, there will still be that aspect, but just on a normal girl/blog level.  I love finding nice clothing and fashions on a budget so that is definitely my perspective on this blog.

This outfit was inspired by a J.Crew catalog from a while ago now.  I loved the idea of a button down layered under a suit dress, but didn't own one and J.Crew suiting pieces are rarely ever in my price range.  Anywho, I found this Gap dress on ebay a while back, and decided it was perfect.  I love it, and it was a great price!


Outfit breakdown:
Dress, Gap via ebay, $16
Blouse, Lands' End Canvas, $13
Necklace, local store in my hometown, $4
Grey suede pumps, Shoe Carnival, $25 or $30 (can't remember for sure) - had for about 4 years now

I really hope y'all will come back tomorrow so I can share what is going on in my life with you!

Comments

Gail said…
Cute dress Jessica! I like the button down underneath it too....fantastic idea. :)

Looking forward to hearing more about what's going on in your life!

Hugs,
Gail

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is pretty close to j

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!!  Please, give me ideas!!! I’m seri

Conversation #34: Fall Fashion Part 1

I am soooooooooooo ready for Fall.  Isn’t everyone?  I have actually been picking up a few Fall pieces over the last few weeks that I have found on sale already, and I’ll be sharing my frugal finds soon. I have also been drooling over new arrivals from some of my favorite stores so I’m going to share a few over the next few days.  Today, I’m sharing my favorite picks from Lands End Canvas and Lands End . I have actually already bough the dress in the lower left!  I was trying to hold out until it went on sale, but it was already selling out in my preferred color and size so I’m hoping it isn’t too big.  I just know I will get a ton of wear out of it.  Doesn’t it just look cozy?  I ordered it in gray.     I love a classic trench, and wingtips are all around!  I have a red trench that I love, but it fits a little weird so I might replace it.  Also, I already shared my version of wingtips I'll be sporting this season, but I think these are a grea