Skip to main content

Conversation #69: Feeling Overwhelmed but glad it's Friday

I feel like this season of life has just been overwhelming for me and many people around me.  It blows my mind at church just how much everyone seems to be going through.  There isn't any one thing for me, but just life that is busy.  After this weekend, the next three are packed!  I'm either out of town or hosting people (or both).  It is all good stuff, but just a lot.

I feel like I lost all last weekend with our plumbing issues and then my foot and then our dog got a urinary tract infection.  I honestly don't know how y'all do it with kids.  I always ask my mom that.  Where does that energy come from because right now my husband, my dog, and myself are about all I can handle.

Looking back at the way I started the two paragraphs above, I think I might feel too much.  I actually got irritated with my husband a couple of nights ago because he kept telling me he thought I was off (female translation: emotional, unhinged).  I actually wasn't and felt very okay, but it seemed that I couldn't convince my husband of that and his incessant response of saying I wasn't okay drove me to not being okay.  Does that happen to anyone else? 

It might have been just a few weeks ago when I was telling people that not much was going on, but I kind of like those times. I like when I'm able to keep the house cleaned, spend time reading without feeling guilty, and just be.  I'm looking forward to the warmer weather, but now that means I better get out in the yard to get that cleaned up.  The vitamin D will probably do me good, though.  However, I must say that this weather transition of cold in the morning and warmer in the afternoon is making it hard to get dressed.  I love boots and jeans, but I think I'm ready to pull out the sandals and dresses (with no tights).

I don't have much else for this Friday.  I'll try to be a more exciting blogger again.  I have done some projects around the house I want to share, and I think I'm sort of finding my way back to my blogging voice.  Thanks to all of you who have stuck with me on this journey :)

Comments

Jennifer said…
Ditto! I feel the same way...so busy, but then I really want to be just relaxed and able to do some thigs I really enjoy without feeling guilty. I haven't sewn anything in a month and a half!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #114: Wardrobe Checklist (and retail detox update)

I read something a while back that sort of spurred me into thinking I needed to do this whole retail detox thing.  I'm just going to get it out there - it has been way hard for me and I'm super embarrassed and disappointed by that.  I did well for the first two weeks, and then I got into this buying and returning things habit because I felt bad after buying it.  I told myself that I could still buy things, but only with extra money I earned from ebay.  That worked for a while too, but then I caved to the Lands' End Canvas sale last weekend.  I bought three tees, a skirt, and a cardigan.  I think that all but maybe one tee will be going back and hopefully I can stop this extra shopping. 

Okay, back to the "thing" I read...

It was an article in Real Simple magazine targeted at helping you never buy the wrong thing again.  It has great tips in it, and the wardrobe checklist it includes really brought it all back home to me.  I started going through the checklist an…

The Post Office Blonde Moment

(Photo from: http://www.nauvoonews.com/nauvoo_photos.htm)

So I found a new satchel purse that I'm very excited about.  I got a better deal on this one than the other, and it is from one of my favorite purse companies, The Sak.  Here is a picture of it:
I decided that I needed to return a purse I bought from them a couple of weeks ago though to feel good about this purchase.  I bought it thinking I would love it, but I just couldn't make the shape fit for me.  I let it sit for a week or so, but it wasn't happening.  I was just going to keep it because the thought of returning it sounded like a hassle until this bag was revealed on their website, and it was waaaaay marked down for a week!  I decided I would just send the other one back, and so began the post office debacle.

I lost a little faith in the USPS this week - at least the local one near me.  I went on Monday night to pick up a priority mail box, and they were all out.  Plus, there were like 20+ people in line.  I de…

Conversation #203: So I married my mom

I don't know if people say this to men, but I heard a lot while growing up that girls tend to marry someone like their dad (I guess good, bad, or ugly).  I don't know how true that really is, but relatively early on in our marriage, my husband and I realized I married my mom.

This doesn't mean my husband is feminine or my mother masculine, but to say that they seem to be the same person.  I am definitely more like my dad personality wise so it probably make sense that I married someone more like my mom.  Now I will say my mom, being an actual woman, generally makes her a bit more empathetic and understanding to the eccentricities of being a woman.  I don't think any man, my husband or otherwise, will ever be able to understand the intricacies of being a woman. However, I also feel like he can talk to my mom, and being that they have both lived with me and seem to speak the same language,  can benefit from her wisdom and knowledge of co-habitating with me and enlighten …