Skip to main content

Conversation #106: Challenge - Sunday Shoes

So I skipped out on another day this week.  I didn't participate in wear something on your head.  I had a meeting yesterday and didn't think a scarf, hat, or flower pin was meeting appropriate.  I thought about a headband, but they kind of hurt with glasses.  Oh well.  I did participate in Sunday shoes yesterday instead!  I love how heels look, but I don't always like how they feel so I don't wear them too often.  I love the shoes I chose for this challenge, but if I had to be on my feet all day they would be a no go.



Outfit Breakdown
Tank: Coldwater Creek, $10
Sweater/Cardigan: Lands' End Canvas, gift
Jeans: Gap, $20
Shoes: Talbots, $30
Necklace: Forever 21, $5

So the first picture is how I normally look at work - wearing a sweater when it is 105 outside because it is FREEZING inside.  I also tried to take a couple of pics of my shoes since they were the reason for the outfit.  This outfit is pretty simple, but I like.  I also love my mustard sandals.  Hope y'all are having a great Labor Day weekend.  Don't forget to check out the other Sunday Shoes here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is...

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!! ...

A Conversation about Babies

(Picture from here .) I think everyone I know has just had a baby, is going to have a baby, or wants to have a baby! Is there something wrong with me? I want children, with my whole heart. I really look forward to being a mom someday and more and more I hope to be able to stay home with my children. The thing is, I can wait right now. I don’t have baby fever. I feel too young. I’m only 25 – how could I possibly know how to care for a child yet; I can barely take care of my husband, dog, and me. I guess what I’m wondering is should that itch be there? Should I be craving to be a mother? Does this mean my maternal instincts are off? I just feel like an older (and hopefully more mature and less selfish) version of me would make a better mother. Plus, the husband isn’t even out of law school yet! I think about my future children: their looks, personality. In my dreams I love being pregnant (I hope that is true, but the labor part still terrifies me). I know I’ll love sewing l...