Skip to main content

Conversation #107: Hello again

Hello lovely readers,

I didn't intend to take a blog break.  I was out of town for Labor Day weekend, and then work got crazy busy.  Anyway, things should be back to normal now and hopefully the fall won't prove to be as busy as spring.  However, I did join a book club, we have football games, and the husband and I are doing this marriage class group thing.  They are all good things though, and I feel like I'm getting more and more involved at church and with friends, and that is what matters in life, right?

So yesterday (after I had a mini life meltdown), I started cleaning and organizing again.  You see, I deep cleaned my house about two weeks ago, but then I was either dealing with that time of the month or too busy to clean the last couple of weeks so it kind of overwhelmed me yesterday.  Mostly what overwhelmed me were these piles of unread magazines from the last two years and a stack of recipes I tore out from them.  I finally decided that I would only keep the recipes I truly thought I would make and like, and then threw all of the rest of it into the recycle bin.  I kept thinking that I would want to look at fashion ideas or home decor ideas, but they are over a year old and there will always be other ways to get that info.  So I decided it all had to go and it made me feel so much better!

When I went back to cleaning I started putting away folded clothes from the laundry.  It just hit me again how many clothes I have and that I still have a problem buying more, especially if they are a good deal.  I have refrained a couple of times lately, but I think I have bought more than I refrained.  I started selling some of my nicer older clothes on ebay, and all that did was get me back into my ebay buying.  I have gotten a couple of things, but I am definitely on a full on shopping ban again.  It is definitely needed.  I have so many clothes that I love right now that I do not need anymore.  There isn't anything else I want to get rid of right now, so shopping is over.  I think I just keep shopping for fall hoping that it will make it come sooner, but now I have plenty of new fall to winter items so I'm done.

Now I do have to admit that last week before realizing I needed to stop shopping again, I went to Target to look at the new Missoni items.  Most of all of the clothes were gone, but I did look at some shoes.  However, I ultimately put them back because they had awesome markdowns on a ton of clothes.  I got four dresses for $10-$12 each.  They are all nice and lined, and the best part is that two of them are a size 6.  I never thought I would wear that size again.  I need to get back to updating my blog on my healthy quest too because  a lot has happened there as well.

Okay, that is the update for now.  Look for more posts about a lot of random topics coming to you soon!

Here is my outfit today featuring a new Target dress:
Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Target, $10
Cardigan: J.Crew, $20
Sandals: Lands' End Canvas, $13
Necklace: local store, $4


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversation #123: Open to Interpretation

First, I apologize for two posts today.  The other one was supposed to post yesterday.  I wrote it during lunch, but it didn't post properly.  Oh well. So I started reading Kayla's blog during her last wardrobe challenge, and I loved it.  I also loved when she and Amy and Erica started doing this series called Open to Interpretation.  I have no idea why, but I never thought of taking an outfit I saw in a catalog or a magazine and then recreating it or something like it with what I already own.  This has really helped me not only stretch my closet but also push me to try some new fashiony things (without going out to spend a ton of money). Here is the photo inspiration (I just copied it from Kayla's blog): And here is my interpretation: Outfit breakdown: Sweater - Old Navy, $8 Striped Shirt - LOFT (from the event last week), $20 Pink pants - JCPenney, Juniors section (don't tell Stacey and Clinton), $10 Leather Oxfords - J.Jill, $30 Mine is pretty close to j

Conversation #32: Kitchen Design Help!

Okay, I don’t really know that too many people read this blog since I moved to a new address, but I’m begging if you do, please help me.  I am at a loss on what to do with part of my kitchen. Here is how I painted my kitchen 3 years ago: It was fun, bright, and I like it, but we decided it needed to be a bit more grown-up these days.  I knew we would have to paint it before we moved so we decided to just go ahead and do it now for a change.  We decided to go with a gray so that it would be neutral but not boring.  However, the gray had a strong blue tone to it on the walls and now I need to phase out my turquoise decor I think. Here are some afters (still putting it back together): Some of these are the same shots but with/without flash to show the colors.  I think I really like the new color, but the turquoise trim does not go anymore in my opinion.  I’m trying to figure out what to do with it, and I need help!!!  Please, give me ideas!!! I’m seri

Conversation #34: Fall Fashion Part 1

I am soooooooooooo ready for Fall.  Isn’t everyone?  I have actually been picking up a few Fall pieces over the last few weeks that I have found on sale already, and I’ll be sharing my frugal finds soon. I have also been drooling over new arrivals from some of my favorite stores so I’m going to share a few over the next few days.  Today, I’m sharing my favorite picks from Lands End Canvas and Lands End . I have actually already bough the dress in the lower left!  I was trying to hold out until it went on sale, but it was already selling out in my preferred color and size so I’m hoping it isn’t too big.  I just know I will get a ton of wear out of it.  Doesn’t it just look cozy?  I ordered it in gray.     I love a classic trench, and wingtips are all around!  I have a red trench that I love, but it fits a little weird so I might replace it.  Also, I already shared my version of wingtips I'll be sporting this season, but I think these are a grea